EC Filter Inserts
Specially designed for adsorption of oil degradation products and reducing acidity
CJC® EC Filter Inserts are made for adsorption of oil degradation products, reducing varnish and acidity and increasing the resistivity of the oil. EC Filter Inserts contain Fuller´s Earth, a natural adsorbent primarily of aluminium silicates (clay minerals). Its large surface area enables enhanced non-selective adsorption of oil contaminants such as acidic oil degradation and oxidation by-products, resins, sludge, and varnish. The EC Filter Inserts may be used to remove varnish and acidic oil degradation products from high temperature oil and thus reduce the TAN and MPC values.
The EC Filter Inserts must be used in combination with CJC® cellulose Filter Inserts as post filters, either in the last stage of a CJC® HDU multi stay Filter or in a CJC® HDU single stay Filter using hybrid Filter Inserts.
Applicable in the following oils:
- Mineral oil
- Hydraulic fire resistant fluids (HFD)
- Glycol oil - Polyalkylene glycols (PAG)
- Ester oil - Polyolester oil (POE), Phosphate Ester oil, Environmentally acceptable Lubricants (EAL) and biodegradable oils
Used in the following applications:
- Transformer insulation
- Gear and bearing lubrication
- Hydraulic systems
- Compressor lubrication
- Turbine lubrication
- Engine lubrication
- Reduction of TAN and MPC, Increase of Resistivity
CJC® EC Filter Inserts adsorb acidic oil degradation products and varnish, lower MPC and TAN and increase the Resistivity of the oil.
- Prolonging the oil life time and avoiding oil change
CJC® EC Filter Inserts eliminate oil contaminants and oxidation catalysts, restore and maintain the oil in good condition.
- Preventing failures and mitigating risk of downtime
Clean oil ensures reduced wear, extended component lifetime and lower O&M costs.