wind turbine gearbox (WTG)
The gearbox is the heart of the wind turbine, converting low speed from the rotor shaft to high speed on the generator side. The complex gear and bearing design is sensitive to particles and moisture. Combining high viscosity lubricants (ISO VG 320), high loads on components and harsh environments, make it even more crucial to keep the WTG oil clean and dry.
If the WTG lubricating oil is not kept clean and dry, you risk very expensive repairs or replacements, down time and possible penalties for not delivering power to the grid. Furthermore, contaminated oil cannot achieve a long life-time, so the oil may need to be replaced prematurely. Long oil lifetime can only be achieved if water, wear particles and oxidation products are removed from the oil continuously. In terms of servicing the oil filter, the often remote locations of the turbines result in high costs for replacing a clogged in-line filter insert outside of normal service routines.
Benefits, installing CJC® Oil Filters
- Protect your investment
- Optimise availability and uptime
- Reduce risk of expensive gearbox repairs
- Reduce risk of unplanned breakdowns
- Reduced maintenance costs
- In short: protect your asset and optimise your LCoE
When you install a CJC® Oil Filter solution on your gearbox, you get the oil filter with the highest dirt holding capacity, suitable for the normal service intervals, so you do not need to service any oil filters untimely. CJC® Oil Filter is known for keeping oil clean, dry and without oxidation products, which is documented over many years in several thousand WTG installations. When you choose CJC® Offline Oil Filter, you ensure a long lifetime of the gearbox and the lubricant, you reduce maintenance and you avoid unplanned breakdowns. And you can even remotely monitor the condition of your system using the CJC® Oil Contamination Monitor, OCM15.
For WTG’s the following CJC® Offline Oil Filter solutions apply:
- Oil Filter, Key Filter
- Oil Filter, HDU 15/25
- Oil Filter, HDU 27/27
- Oil Filter, HDU 27/54
- Oil Filter, HDU 27/108
- Filter Inserts: BG 15/25, B 27/27, GFi 15/25, GFi 27/27
- Oil Contamination Monitor, OCM15
- Filter Insert Change Kit, FICK
- Pressure Kit
The CJC® System solutions fit all gearboxes regardless of make, and we can deliver customized CJC® Filter Inserts as required. In close co-operation with technical organizations, we help select the most optimum solution depending on turbine type, lubricant type and operational conditions.
Learn how other customers benefit with CJC® – Click to download
- Wind Turbine Gearbox, GE 1.5 ESS, Gear Oil, North American Wind Research & Training, ASWI9002
- Wind Turbine Gearbox, GE 1.5S, Winergy, Planetary & Parallel, Gear Oil, Shenhua Guohua, Dongtai China, ASWI9003
- Wind Turbine Gearbox, GE1.5s, Gear Oil, Service Provider AVAILON Germany, ASWI9009UK
- Wind Turbine Gearbox, Nordex-N90 Eickhoff, Gear Oil, Enersis, France & ERG Renew, ASWI9010UK
- Wind Turbine Gearbox, Sinovel FL 1500, DHI-DCW, Gear Oil, Shina Datang Corporation Renewable, ASWI9004
- Wind Turbine Gearbox, TackeTW, 600 kW, Power Utility USA, Gear Oil, ASWI9001
- Wind Turbine Gearbox, Upgrade, Vestas V52-850 kW, Gear Oil, SVEF Svensk Vindkraftförening, BÖRSTAD III_ASWI9006
- Wind Turbine Gearbox,3-stage-planetary/helical, Gear Oil, Flender AG, ASWI9000UK