Steel mills and rolling millls at steel works are highly complex production plants in rough environments, and reliable equipment is the key to maintaining a high output and product quality. Creating efficiency in production and meeting customer deadlines for deliveries and quality requirements is the key to having a good operation. The high amount of gears in the steel work are the heart of the operation, and they must function perfectly. The machining of the moulded parts utilizes many different types of equipment that must run in order not to be bottle necks in production.
If the oil in the steel work - eg. main gear lubrication, central bearing lubrication, oven hydraulics - is not kept clean and free from oxidation particles, you risk expensive down time, loss of efficiency in the supply chain and lower output. If the oil in the process gears is not clean, you risk quality problems and higher scrap rates. If oil is contaminated with particles, you will experience extra wear on the gears, and the risk of unplanned breakdowns will increase dramatically because of the high volume of particles in the moulding process. In the machining processes on hydraulic machines, oil that is not clean will lead to unplanned standstills and shorter lifetime of machinery.
Benefits, installing CJC® Oil Filters
- Keeps your machinery and tools fit for operation
- Keeps the gear oil free from particles and oxidation residues
- Maintain high process stability and efficiency
- Ensure product quality
- Reduce risk of unplanned breakdowns and maintenance
- Extend gear and machine oil lifetime with a factor 3-4
When you install CJC® Oil Filter solutions in your steel work, you get a very effective oil filter with the highest dirt capacity suitable for system with high levels of particles or oxidation residues. This way you do not need to stop production untimely to service the filter. Technically, CJC® Oil Filter is known for keeping oil clean, dry and without oxidation residues, which is documented over many years and in several thousand steel and moulding installations. When you choose CJC® Oil Filter, you reduce maintenance costs and avoid unplanned breakdowns, and you optimize output. Gear oil lifetime can be extended with a factor 3-4, and you can even monitor from the central monitoring location the condition of your system using the Oil Contamination Monitor (OCM).
Many sizes of CJC® Oil Filter are used for the steel works industry:
- Fine Filters from size HDU 27/27 up to large multi-stay HDU 27/108 series and HDU 427/108
- Filter Separators from size PTU 15/12 up to multi-stay PTU3 27/108
- Varnish Removal Unit, VRU
- Desorbers, D30 to D88
- Oil Contamination Monitor, OCM15
The CJC® System Solutions fit all steel works, and we can deliver globally where required. In close co-operation with technical organizations, we help select the most fitting solution depending on system type and conditions in the environment.
Learn how other customers benefit with CJC® – Click to download Customer Cases.
- Drawbox for production of wire and cables_Gear Oil_ASIN5165
- Slewing Gear Drives_Ore Bucket Digger_Gear Oil_CORUS IJmuiden_ASIN5078
- Stainless Steel Wire Manufact_Pleuger_Lube Oil_Inoxfil Barcelona_ASIN5069
- Steel Mill Screw Down Gear & Gear Boxes_Gear Oil_Corus Dalzell_ASIN5037
- Steel Rolling Mill_Roll Force_270 Bar Servo_HydrOil_Corus Packaging_ASIN5038
- Steel Strip Mill_Exit System_Coil Traver. Beam_Hydr Oil_Corus Shotton_ASIN5039
- Steel Strip Rolling Mill_5 Stand Tandem Mill_Gear Oil_Corus Shotton_ASIN5040