Tap changers are the flexible backbone of the power supply. As mechanical switches they change transmission ratio in order to compensate for voltage level increases or drops, and with thousands of changes per year, the oil in a tap changer is exposed to high amounts of carbon particles. This can result in flash over or unexpected failure and downtime. Since the power supply will fail without the tap changer, the oil in the tap changer must be kept clean, dry and free from oxidation residues.
If the tap changer oil is not kept clean, dry and free from oxidation residues, then sludge will reduce the effectiveness of the tap changer, while condensation from continuous temperature fluctuations, gradually increases the water content in the oil, which can lead to soot in the oil. The tap changer operation may fail, leading to costly repair and in the meantime power is not delivered to the grid, and the risk of penalties arises. Worst case, there is a risk of flash that can lead to safety hazards.
Benefits, installing CJC™ Oil Filters
- Protect your investment
- Optimise availability of the power plant
- Reduce risk of expensive tap changer repairs
- Reduce risk of unplanned breakdowns, outages and penalties
- Reduced maintenance costs and safety risks
When you install a CJC™ Oil Filtration solution on your tap changer, you get an oil filter with excellent dirt, water and oxidation residue removal capabilities. This gives you cost savings and better reliability of equipment, and a high output of your plant. Technically, CJC™ is known for keeping oil dry and clean, and without oxidation residues, which is documented over many years and in several tap changer installations. CJC™ Oil Filter solutions are installed in many power plants worldwide, and when you choose CJC™ Oil Filters, you ensure a long lifetime of the tap changer and the oil in the tap changer. You also reduce maintenance and you avoid unplanned breakdowns.
For tap changers the following CJC™ system solutions apply:
- Tap Changer Filter 1, HPS 15/25
- Tap Changer Filter 2, HPS 27/27
The CJC™ System solutions fit all sizes of tap changers – new or old. And we can deliver globally where required. In close co-operation with technical organizations, we help select the most fitting solution depending on system type and conditions in the environment.
Customer Cases, learn how other customers benefit with CJC, please download from below Application Study library:
- Hydroelectric Dam_River Level Regulation Valve_EDF France_ASIN5128
- Power Plant_Regulating Circuit_Hydraulic Oil_Hafslund ASA_ASIN5018
- Tap Changer 30 MVA Transformer_Transformer Oil_Rimakot Iceland_ASIN5100-UK
- Tap changer oil_Transformer tap changer_Iron Ore_ASIN5119
- Water Turbine_CKD Blansko_Control System_Hydraulic Oil_Niedzica SA_ASIN5071