hydro turbine lube and control oil
In hydro turbine power plants, the oil in the hydro turbine is a combined system, lubricating the bevel gears and operating as hydraulic control oil. The turbine is the most important piece of machinery, generating the output of the power plant. The main lube system is typically the largest oil system in the power plant and is sensitive to water in oil, oxidation residues and particles. Therefore the oil in hydro turbine lubrication and control systems must be dry and clean.
If the hydro turbine lubrication and control system oil is not kept dry and clean, you risk very expensive repairs or replacements, and downtime of the plant. The main problem with the hydro turbine lube and control oil is water ingress. Contamination due to abrasion from the gearbox may therefore cause faults in the control systems. Because water driving the hydro turbine is quite cold there is often condensation in the oil. In new turbines, the settling-in time means increased particles in the oil, and this can cause immediate wear if particles are not effectively removed. If the hydro turbine does not perform, power is not delivered to the grid, and the risk of penalties arises.
Benefits, installing CJC® Oil Filters
- Protect your investment
- Optimise availability of the power plant
- Reduce risk of hydro turbine repairs
- Reduce risk of unplanned breakdowns, outages and penalties
- Reduced maintenance costs
When you install a CJC® Oil Filtration solution on your hydro turbine lubricating and control system, you get an oil filter with excellent water removal capabilities. This gives you cost savings and better reliability of equipment, and a high output of your plant. Technically, CJC® is known for keeping oil dry and clean, and without oxidation residues, which is documented over many years and in several hydro turbine lube and control system installations. CJC® Oil Filter solutions are installed in many power plants worldwide. When you choose CJC® Oil Filters, you ensure a long lifetime of the turbine, reduce maintenance and you avoid unplanned breakdowns. And you can even monitor the condition of your system using the Oil Contamination Monitor (OCM).
For hydro turbine lube and control systems the following CJC® system solutions apply:
- Hydro Turbine Filter 1, HDU 27/27
- Hydro Turbine Filter 2, HDU 27/54
- Hydro Turbine Filter 3, HDU 27/108
- Oil Contamination Monitor, OCM15
The CJC® System solutions fit all sizes of hydro turbine lube and control systems – new or old. And we can deliver globally where required. In close co-operation with technical organizations, we help select the most fitting solution depending on system type and conditions in the environment.
Customer Cases, learn how other customers benefit with CJC, please download from below Application Study library:
- Hydro Power_Francis53MW-Govenor&Thrust Bearing_Turbine Oil_USArmy_ASIN5081
- Hydro Power_Govenor Oil Syst_Oil Storage Tank_Turbine Oil_US Army_ASIN5082
- Hydro Turbine Power Plant_Regulating Circuit_Turbine Oil_Hafslund ASA_ASIN5018
- Hydro Turbine_Boving Control System_Turbine Oil_ASIN5019
- Hydro Turbine_Govenor_Turbine Oil_Statkraft Region Nord Norge_ASIN5024
- Hydro Turbine_Speed Control System_Turbine Control Oil_Endesa Generacion_ASIN5056
- Hydro Turbine_Sulzer_Bevel Gear & Control_Turbine Oil_Ontario Power_ASIN5076
- Water Turbine_CKD Blansko_Control System_Turbine Control Oil_Niedzica SA_ASIN5071