steam turbine lube oil
In steam turbine power plants the steam turbine is the most important piece of machinery, generating the output of the power plant. The hot steam can be generated by coal, fossil fuels, nuclear power or HRSG (Heat Recovery Steam Generator). The steam turbines main lube system is typically the largest oil system in the power plant, which can contain upward of 40,000L of ISOVG46 oil, and is sensitive to water in oil, oxidation residues and particles. Therefore the oil in steam turbine lubrication systems must be clean and dry.
If the steam turbine lube system oil is not kept clean and dry, you risk very expensive repairs or replacements, and downtime of the plant. The main problem with the steam turbine lube oil is water ingress due to leakage through the labyrinth seals, but also condensed water in the tank and particles are challenging. In new turbines, the settling-in time means increased particles in the oil, and this can cause immediate wear if particles are not effectively removed. If the steam turbine does not perform, power is not delivered to the grid, and the risk of penalties arise.
Benefits, installing CJC® Oil Filters
- Protect your investment
- Optimise availability of the power plant
- Reduce risk of steam turbine repairs
- Reduce risk of unplanned breakdowns, outages and penalties
- Reduced maintenance costs
When you install a CJC® Oil Filter solution on your steam turbine lubrication system, you get an oil filtration system with excellent water removal capability and the highest dirt holding capacity. This can offer cost savings and better reliability of equipment, and a higher output of your plant. Technically, CJC® is known for keeping oil clean, dry and without oxidation residues which has been documented over many years and in several steam turbine lube system installations. CJC® Oil Filtration solutions are installed in many power plants worldwide. When you choose CJC® Oil Filters, you ensure a long lifetime of the turbine, reduce maintenance and you avoid unplanned breakdowns. And you can even monitor the condition of your system using the Oil Contamination Monitor (OCM).
For steam turbine lube systems the following CJC® system solutions apply:
- Filter Separator 1, PTU2 27/27 Hydr.
- Filter Separator 2, PTU3, 27/108
- Filter Separator 3, PTU3 Multistay
- Varnish Removal Unit, VRU
- Oil Contamination Monitor, OCM15
The CJC® System solutions fit all sizes of steam turbines – new or old. And we can deliver globally where required. In close co-operation with technical organizations, we help select the most fitting solution depending on system type and conditions in the environment.
Customer Cases, learn how other customers benefit with CJC, please download from below Application Study library:
- Main Steam Turbines_Turbine Oil_Midtkraft A/S_ASIN5021
- Main Steam Turbine_Nuclear Power Plant_Turbine Lube Oil_CN Vandellos ES_ASIN5109
- Steam Turbine ABB 12 MW_Co-generation_Turbine Oil_Stora Enso_ASIN5064
- Steam Turbine ABB_Comb. Heat & Power Station_Turbine Oil_Vattenfall_ASIN5077
- Steam Turbine_Brown Boveri_Power Station_Turbine Lube Oil_ESB North Wall_ASIN5086
- Steam Turbine_Dresser-Rand 28 MW TG 800_Oil Refinery_Turbine Oil_ASIN5091
- Steam Turbine_GEC Alstom 7.4 MV_Waste Inci_Turbine Oil_Sirusa_ASIN5063
- Steam Turbine_Mitsubishi_Lube Oil_AES Philippines_Masinloc Power_ASIN5114
- Steam Turbine_Siemens_Turbine Lube Oil_Essent Clauscentrale_ASIN5099
- Steam Turbine_STORK 8.6 MW_Recycling Center_Turbine Lube Oil_AVR_ASIN5043