Water in oil leads to reduced viscosity, reduced filterability, reduced lubricity, formation of rust, bacterial growth and increased oil oxidation - all factors that lead to reduced lifetime of both components and oil.
The compact CJC™ Desorber D10 is designed to remove water from oil through the patented desorption principle. The desorption process is based on the principle that heated air can effectively hold large quantities of water. In the Desorber, oil preheated to 60°C is met by a counter flow of cold, dry air. The air, heated very quickly by the hot oil, will absorb any water present until saturation is reached.
The advantage of the CJC™ Desorber D10 is that it is unaffected by viscosity and additive packages. The Desorber treats mineral oils as well as synthetic fluids, and even breaks stable emulsions. The Desorber maintains system water content to very low levels.
- Stern tubes
- Hydraulic applications
- Synthetic fluids
- Smaller gears with smaller oil volumes
- Removes water even from emulsified oil
- Extends the lifetime of both oil and thrusters
- Prevents uncontrolled breakdowns and reduces maintenance costs
- Compact in size (width: 580 mm) - fits through most hatches