gas turbine - combined lube and control oil
In gas turbine power plants, lubrication of the bearings on the turbine shaft (main roller/journal/thrust bearings) keeps the turbine running at its optimum. The lubrication system usually consists of a large storage tank, coolers to remove heat from the oil and pumps to circulate the oil. The oil volume in the lube system is high (ISO VG32) and often the same oil reservoir is used for the control/governor system, consisting of inlet guide vane servo (IGV), gas control valves and fuel control valves. Keeping the oil in the combined lube and control system clean, dry and without oxidation residues is the key to high output.
If the gas turbine combined lube and control system oil is not kept clean and free from oxidation residues, you risk very expensive repairs or replacements of parts, and downtime of the plant. Valve seizure, low lifting pressure on turbine shaft, high material temperatures due to varnish in bearing clearances, accelerated wear, lower performance of heat exchangers and shorter oil lifetime are typical problems. If the gas turbine does not perform well, power is not delivered to the grid, and ultimately the risk of penalties can arise.
Benefits, installing CJC® Oil Filters
- Protect your investment
- Optimise availability of the power plant
- Reduce risk of gas turbine repairs
- Reduce risk of, outages and penalties
- Reduced maintenance costs
When you install a CJC® Oil Filter solution on your gas turbine combined lubrication and control oil system, you get an oil filtration system with excellent particle, oxidation and moisture removal characteristics and the highest dirt holding capacity. This gives you cost savings and better reliability of equipment, and a high output of your power plant. Technically, CJC® is known for keeping oil clean, dry and without oxidation residues, which has been documented over many years and in several gas turbine installations. CJC® Oil Filter solutions are installed in many power plants worldwide. When you choose CJC® Oil Filters, you ensure a long lifetime of the turbine, reduce maintenance and you avoid unplanned breakdowns. And you can even monitor the condition of your system using the Oil Contamination Monitor (OCM).
For gas turbine combined lube and control systems the following CJC® system solutions apply:
The CJC® System solutions fit all gas turbine combined lubrication and control systems – new or old. And we can deliver globally where required. In close co-operation with technical organizations, we help select the most fitting solution depending on system type and conditions in the environment.
Learn how other customers benefit with CJC® – Click to download Customer Cases.
- Combined Cycle Natural Gas Turbine GE7FA, Lube & Control Oil, Power Plant USA, ASPO6048UK
- Gas Turbine, GE 6FA+e, Bearing, Load Gear & Control, Turbine Oil, Rusal Aughinish Alumina, Irland, ASPO6047UK
- Gas Turbine_2xGE 84 MW_CCCP Power Plant_Turbine Oil_Energyworks Cartagena Iberdrola_ASIN5132
- Gas Turbine_7FA_Electric Power Plant_Turbine Lube & Control Oil_GE Energy US_ASIN5080
- Gas Turbine_GE 7FA-300 MW_CCGT Power Plant_Turbine Oil_Combined-Cycle Generation USA_ASIN5133
- Gas Turbine_GE-LM6000_Generator Bearings & Gearbox_Turbine Oil_Energyworks Valladolid_ASIN5141
- Gas Turbine_Turbomach 7.5 MV_Lube&Hydr Oil_Onda Cogeneracion_ASIN5070