steam turbine control systems (EHC)
In steam turbine power plants the control systems make sure the turbine operates at its best and that it is safe. Electro-hydraulic converters (EHC), hydraulic actuators, trip solenoid valves, hydraulic trip blocks and hydraulic power units must all operate on clean and dry oil to perform at their best. The tolerances in these complex hydraulic components are small, and the systems use Phosphate Ester (HFD fluid) to avoid risk of fire. If the esters are contaminated, then the fire-resisting properties cannot be maintained, and therefore the oil in steam turbine control systems must be clean and dry.
If the steam turbine control system oil is not kept clean and dry, you risk very expensive repairs or replacements, and downtime of the plant. The main problem with the steam turbine control system is water ingress that causes the ester to return to its original state of alcohol/phenol and acids. If this happens the fluid is condemned, it would attack components, and valve operation could be compromised. Ultimately, if the steam turbine cannot deliver power to the grid, the risk of penalties arises.
Benefits, installing CJC® Oil Filters
- Protect your investment
- Optimise availability and output of the power plant
- Reduce risk of steam turbine control system repairs
- Reduce risk of unplanned breakdowns, outages and penalties
- Reduced maintenance costs
When you install a CJC® Oil Filter solution on your steam turbine control system, you get an oil filter with excellent water and acid removal capabilities making it possible to manage contaminants. This gives you cost savings and better reliability of equipment, and a high output of your plant. Technically, CJC® is known for keeping oil clean, dry and free from acids and oxidation residues which is documented over many years and in several steam turbine control system installations. CJC® Oil Filter solutions are installed in many power plants worldwide. When you choose CJC® Oil Filters, you ensure a long lifetime of the turbine control system, reduce maintenance and you avoid unplanned breakdowns. You can even monitor the condition of your system using the Oil Contamination Monitor (OCM).
For steam turbine control systems the following CJC® system solutions apply:
- EHC Filter 1, HDU 27/108
- EHC Filter 2, HDU 2x27/108 Multistay
- EHC Filter 3, HDU 3x27/108 Acidity
- Oil Contamination Monitor, OCM15
The CJC® System solutions fit all types of turbine control systems. And we can deliver globally where required. In close co-operation with technical organizations, we help select the most fitting solution depending on system type and conditions in the environment.
Learn how other customers benefit with CJC® – Click to download
- Main Steam Turbines_Turbine Oil_Midtkraft A/S_ASIN5021
- Steam Turbine ABB 12 MW_Co-generation_Turbine Oil_Stora Enso_ASIN5064
- Steam Turbine_Control System_Oil Fired Power Plant_Turbine Control Oil_UK_ASIN5113
- Steam Turbine_Dresser-Rand 28 MW TG 800_Oil Refinery_Turbine Oil_ASIN5091
- Steam Turbine_GEC Alstom 7.4 MV_Waste Inci_Turbine Oil_Sirusa_ASIN5063